This week has been a doozy with many ups and downs! The biggest up is that I am employed and begin my new full-time job May 1st with ISU's Office of Admissions as a Communication Specialist! I am so excited for this opportunity and can't wait to continue working in higher education :-) I couldn't be happier, and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Woohoo!
On the flip side, I have been not going about my health protocol the best way these past two weeks. I have started to get impatient and cranky about my leaky gut (see my post on leaky gut here) and tried implementing way too many supplements too fast. I reacted poorly to l-glutamine, selenium, and powdered gelatin, and now I'm trying to mitigate the effects of a hormonal flare (helllllllo cystic acne!). Thankfully, things have seemed to calm down, and the breakout stopped, but I was not happy camper.
I get frustrated because Hashi's is not my only issue, as is the case for pretty much anyone with an autoimmune disease. I believe that I have a MTHFR gene mutation, and as a result I have histamine intolerance. I have been managing my HIT pretty well lately, but I had a lot of symptoms crop back up this past week: itchiness, mood swings, bloated, really dry/red/bumpy skin, anxiousness, and cysts. Hopefully I will get this under control in the near future, as it's currently my number one health priority.
As a result, I'm trying to avoid high histamine foods and plan on writing a post on other tactics I'm implementing to get back on the right track. So, if you see my fan favorites missing from some of these pictures that's why (bacon, avocado, and ripe plantains are all high in histamine... of COURSE -_-).
Anyway, here we go! My favorite dishes from the past two weeks, since I didn't get around to posting last Sunday :-)
1) Ground Turkey Meatballs
3) Chicken thigh, Swordfish, Kalamata Olives, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, Greens, and Zucchini
4) Green Beans, Ground Turkey Meatball, Greens, and Orange
5) Bacon, Zucchini, Onion, and Golden Sweet Potato
6) Chicken Thigh, Roasted Carrot, Baby Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Pumpkin Puree, Zucchini Porridge and Greens
7) Chicken Thigh, Roasted Carrot, Butternut Squash, Broccoli Slaw, Bacon, and Greens
8) Cauliflower Mash, Zucchini Noodles, Cod, and Greens
9) Yellow Squash (Zucchini) Porridge and Butternut Squash, Broccoli Slaw, and Bacon
10) Mashed Plantains and Avocado
Have any of my lovely readers tried something new this week? Have any questions for me? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time!