Okay, so things are somewhat slowing down academically, but I just got a job at the YMCA to bring in some extra $$$ so my schedule has still been pretty jam packed! That's okay though. I operate best when I'm busy.
I am happy to report that I have had zero slip-ups this week with my AIP protocol regiment, and I have upped one of my supplements (Estroblock - helps to detox my body of excess estrogen which is a HUGE issue for me), and I am feeling much, much better. Hopefully this trend will continue! I have a few other supplements that I need to look into (I just started selenium to help my poor old thyroid, and I need to research ferritin some more to help with my iron levels), but I am satisfied with everything right now.
I have been dealing with a nasty head cold the past few days, but I am always surprised at how well my body gets over a cold despite my having an autoimmune disease. I've been touting around a full box of tissues just in case though ;-)
Anyway, I have really been happy with the meals I made this week, and I am excited to try some new recipes later today. While I obviously don't have pictures of the finished product of said recipes, I will post them below in case you want to try them out!
1) Cod, avocado, roasted carrots, zoodles, zucchini, greens, and brussel sprouts
2) Sardine salad with greens, avocado, kalamata olives, mango, and cucumbers
3) Plantain Chips!
4) Chicken thigh, brussel sprouts, roasted carrots, greens, avocado, and mango
5) Autoimmune Paleo care package courtesy of barefootprovisions and The Paleo Mom!
6) Chicken thigh, coconut chips, greens, and carrots
7) Yucca fries! :-)
As promised, here are some of the recipes that I will be putting together later this evening/this week:
1) Plantain and Apple Fritters by The Paleo Mom
2) Roasted Veggies, Bacon and Pan-Fried Figs by Enjoying This Journey
3) Instant Oatmeal by Grazed and Enthused
4) Olive Tapenade by Feed Me Rachel
Have any of you all made anything new and exciting this week? If so, feel free to comment below :-)
Until next time!