So, a couple of weeks ago I told all about one of my biggest insecurities: my complexion. And while I do wallow in self-pity a little bit more than I should, I have picked up some pretty awesome self-love tactics along the way. I think we all could show ourselves a little more self-love (except for those outliers known as narcissists…), so feel free to read on to see if any of my ideas seem beneficial to you!
Admittedly, I was in the middle of a Netflix binge of Friday Night Lights and cooking up a storm while I wrote this post, so if it isn’t as detailed, I apologize (although some of you may be jumping for joy since I have a tendency to be too wordy…)!
1) Write down a list of things that you truly love about yourself.
2) Verbally compliment yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.
3) Learn to say no and take time to take care of yourself, whatever that looks like.
4) Treat your body kindly – both mentally and physically.
5) Do something fun completely by yourself.
6) Treat yoself!
7) Find a way to channel your creativity.
8) Spend time with people who build you up and make you feel good about yourself.
9) Keep it real :-)
10) Be forgiving toward yourself!
Okay… my bacon is calling my name and I have to finish this episode of Friday Night Lights because I’ve become slightly attached to Tim Riggins… it’s fine… Anyway, I hope some of these suggestions will help you all.
What are some things that you do to show yourself the love? Leave me a comment below!
Until next time!